Hybrid cluster analysis of customer segmentation of sea transportation users

Bambang Eka Cahyana, Umar Nimran, Hamidah Nayati Utami, Mohammad Iqbal

Abstract


 

Purpose – The purpose of this study is to apply hybrid cluster analysis in classifying PT Pelindo I customers based on the level of customer satisfaction with passenger services of PT Pelindo I.

 

Design/methodology/approach – Hybrid cluster analysis is a combination of hierarchical and non-hierarchical cluster analysis. This hybrid cluster analysis appears to optimize the advantages of hierarchical and non-hierarchical methods simultaneously to obtain optimal grouping. Hybrid cluster analysis itself has high flexibility because it can combine all hierarchical and non-hierarchical methods without any limits in the order of analysis used.

Findings – The results showed that 72% of PT Pelindo I customers felt PT Pelindo I service was special, while the remaining 28% felt PT Pelindo I service was good.

 

Originality/value – In total, 117 customers of PT Pelindo I were involved in a study using the non-
probability sampling method.

Propósito El propósito de este estudio es aplicar el análisis de clúster híbrido en la clasificación de los clientes de PT Pelindo I en función del nivel de satisfacción del cliente con los servicios de pasajeros de PT Pelindo I.

Diseño/metodología/enfoque El análisis de clúster híbrido es una combinación de elementos jerárquicos y no jerárquicos. Este análisis parece optimizar las ventajas de los métodos jerárquicos y no jerárquicos simultáneamente para obtener una agrupación óptima. El análisis de clúster híbrido en sí mismo tiene una gran flexibilidad porque puede combinar dichos métodos sin ningún límite en el orden de análisis utilizado.

Hallazgos Los resultados mostraron que el 72% de los clientes de PT Pelindo I sentían que el servicio era especial, mientras que el 28% restante consideraba que el servicio de PT Pelindo I era bueno.

Originalidad/valor En total, 117 clientes de PT Pelindo I participaron en el estudio utilizando el método de muestreo no probabilístico.


Keywords


Hybrid cluster analysis; PT pelindo I; customer satisfaction; customer segmentation; sea transportation users; análisis de clústeres híbridos; PT Pelindo I; satisfacción del cliente; segmentación de clientes; usuarios de transporte marítimo

Full Text:

PDF

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2021 The bi-annual academic publication of Universidad ESAN

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.